Monthly Archives: January 2017
On 18 January, Fukushima Medical University (FMU) and the Korea Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences (KIRAMS) signed an MOU to advance their international cooperation in various aspects of radiation emergency medicine.
This MOU recognizes many collegial relationships that developed from KIRAMS’ outreach following the Great East Japan Earthquake and Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant crisis. FMU and KIRAMS have cooperated in academic exchange, including the dispatch of delegates and speakers to conferences held by each institution. This MOU formalizes a growing cooperative relationship.
Projects that will emerge from this MOU include joint sponsorship of radiation emergency medicine training programs intended for participants from around the world.
KIRAM’s National Radiation Emergency Medical Center and FMU’s Fukushima Global Medical Science Center are the designated partners in this MOU.
Areas of Cooperation
– Medical preparedness for radiation emergencies
– Education and training for REM personnel
– Physical & biological dose assessment
– Therapeutics for high-dose radiation-induced damage
– Radiation effects and radiation protection of public from low-dose accidental and natural irradiation
– Risk communication
【MOU Signing Ceremony between KIRAMS and FMU】