Monthly Archives: February 2014
A memorandum between Fukushima Medical University (FMU) and the International Commission on Radiological Protection (ICRP) was signed on 19 February 2014 at FMU.
FMU and ICRP (the parties) have a mutual interest in recovery from the nuclear power plant accident (hereafter, the accident). As such, the parties wish to strengthen their existing cooperation and expand it as below.
1. The Parties will work together on the development, implementation of cooperative undertakings related to the accident and its long-term radiological consequences,
2. FMU will offer information and advice related to its work with the citizens of Fukushima Prefecture and more broadly in recovery from the accident to ICRP, to the extent such disclosure is authorized. This may include, but is not limited to, FMU presentations to ICRP members.
3. ICRP will offer information and advice related to the system of radiological protection to staff and students of FMU, as mutually agreed by the Parties. This may include, but is not limited to, ICRP lectures to staff and students of FMU.
4. FMU will provide administrative supports for the cooperative actions, when feasible and as mutually agreed by the Parties.
5. The Parties will meet for informal discussion as and when mutually agreed to help improve and sustain cooperation.